The House Of Prayer is a Pentecostal Apostolic church which beliefs are based solely on the Bible, which is the Word of God. We are Pentecostal by experience according to Acts 2:4, Apostolic because we accept the standard of Holy living established by God and heralded by the Apostles in the establishment of the church according to Acts 2:42 ; I Peter 1:16.
To REACH souls for Christ by His most powerful and convincing characteristic – His Love for mankind. TEACH them the Love of Christ and UNLEASH them to share His love. For by this men will know that we are Christ’s disciples if we have love one to another. (John 13:35).
We are affiliated with the Church Of Our Lord Jesus Christ (C.O.O.L.J.C.), of the Apostolic Faith, Inc. With over 80 years of remarkable history, serves as an excellent covering with sound doctrine and programs to meet every level of need in Ministry.
We are of the Apostolic Faith which is that set of doctrines believed in and practiced by the Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ as found in the Holy scriptures. Our faith includes such beliefs and doctrines as:
- The infallibility of the Bible (II Timothy 3:16)
- The Oneness of God; that Jehovah God of the Old Testament is Jesus Christ of the New Testament (St. John 1:1-14)
- Water baptism by immersion in the NAME of our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 19:4-5)
- The infilling of the Holy Ghost by every believer which is evidenced by the initial sign of speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance (Acts 2:4)
- The living of a Holy Life (I Peter 1:16)
- The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 24:1-30)
Lies in Christ Jesus our LORD who has given us the victory over death and hell. Therefore, standing firm on His promise, we anticipate the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ–that great day of resurrection which shall surely come. On that day, the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then, we which are alive and remain will be changed, and caught up together with them in the air. And so shall we forever be with our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ. John 14:3; I Corinthians 15:51-58; I Thessalonians 4:15-17